New Book: Magnificent Entertainments: Temporary Architecture for Georgian Festivals

Book cover magnificent entertainments Temporary Architecture for Georgian festivals

I was just alerted to the new book by Melanie Doderer-Winkler: Magnificent Entertainments: Temporary Architecture for Georgian Festivals. 

Georgians, architecture, 18th century events... I have no doubt I will be enjoying this one!  By the way - see those Georgians celebrating on the cover? This is what I want to be doing as much as possible in 2014! :)


A thoroughly original study of ephemeral architecture and design, Magnificent Entertainments examines the spectacular displays created for large-scale public and private celebrations in the Georgian period. The book focuses on a number of specific occasions - including elegant country fêtes, lavish galas, royal events and historical commemorations - that employed elaborate decorative measures to outshine all other attractions and diversions.
I will be sharing my review here and posted to Goodreads as soon as I am through with it! In the mean time, what are you reading this January?  Let's be friends on Goodreads, my username is MarieGossip (surprise surprise!)

Title: Magnificent entertainments: temporary architecture for Georgian festivals.
Author: Melanie Doderer-Winkler,
Publisher: Yale University Press
Date Published: 2013
ISBN: 9780300186420

Find this book:
Amazon
In a Library

The Gardener of Versailles: My Life in the World's Grandest Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment